Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox App for Windows build to Xbox Insiders who are enrolled in the PC Gaming Insiders preview! This is the first 2311 build released! Continue read to learn about new features, fixes, and known issues. Make sure that you update both the Xbox app and Gaming Services!
New Versions of PC Gaming prerelease products:
Xbox App version: 2311.1000.41.0
Available: 5:00 p.m. PT – October 26th, 2023
Gaming Services version released: 15.91.24001.0
Available: 5:00 p.m. PT -October 26th, 2023
Current versions of Windows Gaming prerelease products:
Game Bar version: 6.123.10181.0
Released: 5:00 p.m. PT – October 19th, 2023
- Refreshed UI in the installation queue
- Refreshed button, font, and game channel styling
- Improved notifications UI, including an option to show unread only
- Compact mode for the app that improves the experience on handhelds and small screens
- Improved controller navigation across the app
- Fixed an issue where the app might not load based on some language settings
- Fixed several issues related to the UI elements or text boxes displaying incorrectly
- Fixed several issues with which fonts were being used in various parts of the app
- Fixed issues where the UI might not scale properly as the window is resized
- Fixed an issue where game add-ons might not reflect the current Game Pass discounts
- Added a button to “Check connection” if the Xbox app cannot connect to the internet
- Fixed a recent issue where the Xbox app might stay stuck on the launch screen
- Fixed several various issues that might cause the Xbox app to crash
- Fixed an issue where tooltips might not always disappear after actioning on them
The team is aware of an issue where a user might not be able to navigate to certain areas in the Xbox app via controller
Users may receive a frowny face when hitting an installation error for certain apps
The team is aware of various UI issues, including UI scaling, font issues, and other UI issues. We continue to work on addressing those.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
Don’t forget! If you encounter any issues, you can leave feedback by navigating to the feedback option on your profile menu.
You can also provide feedback, as well as interact with the community, on the Xbox Insiders Subreddit. Please be as specific as possible when providing feedback.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can!
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information!
Thank you to everyone who participates in the Xbox Insider Program! Your feedback helps us continue to build a great gaming experience in the Xbox app on PC.